Sunday, January 31, 2016

John 15: 7 Abide in Me, and I in You.

Sacred Heart of Jesus
This is the picture that hung in my grandparents home, my parents and now mine. It was brought from Poland by my great-grandmother Margaret Pollick.

In prayer before the commencement of the Sunday Holy Sacrifice, through prayerful imagination I placed myself within the shelter of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. In the same moment, in the blink of God's eye, Jesus and I sat together in one heart. Awed, I realized we were not resting in His heart, but mine.  By stepping into the abode of Jesus' love, He entered my heart. 
And there was only room for two in the heart of this child. Servant and Master filled it completely.
I was reminded of that yesterday afternoon, my attention was pulled to the sky where I noticed the a cloud formation of a big heart and within it was a smaller heart. The small represented my broken, flawed, human heart longing to love with abandonment and beyound myself.
By seeking the divine protection of holy Trust in Jesus' teaching providence, I discover  my heart is found both hidden and revealed.
With an unspoken prayer to love generously all the souls surrounding me; my meditation drew a picture of the sword piecing His heart through into my own. By abiding in Him, both our  hearts are emptied down and out to the low world; a world hoping to be refreshed by Love. 


See my illustration below. (I doubt I'll ever be this childlike again. I am publishing with out second thoughts for the 1st time.)



No comments:

Post a Comment